FEA - Batam
Proserv is an international energy services company specialising in the provision of life-of-field solutions.
The company operates worldwide from 22 sites in five geographical regions: UK, Scandinavia, Middle East & Africa, Far East & Australasia and North & South America.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realise their fullest potential.
This role encompasses the responsibility for the management of the estimating process in the preparation of accurate base cost estimates and the direct responsibility for the compilation, and submission, of concise and high quality proposal documents for company tenders for refurbishment, repair and new-build projects. The role is a key role within the Proserv Group, recognising the importance of producing compliant, professional and well-timed proposal documents for all company tenders.
To primarily assist and provide budgetary and detailed fixed & firm quotations against customer enquiries, which if successful, will contribute to the overall company revenue plan/profitability.
Involvement in continuous improvements to best practices and processes in line with the business unit and company requirements
Working in conjunction with the sales department to provide support during meetings and presentation
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Review the RFQ and tender documents (complex & Semi complex) and advise on the Yes/No Decision in terms technical capability and items falling with the product range
- Provide detailed written quotations for Complex & Semi complex Systems with emphasis given to the following tasks and in accordance with company's quality procedure.
- Provide the compliance/deviation list with the Quotes
- Prepare the RFQ with technical details for the vendor items and review the vendor technical offers in compliance with the tender requirements.
- Issue quotations within the specified due date.
- Generate detailed material lists for all quotation line items which are to be supported by sub-supplier quotations where possible.
- Optimize the equipment and items selection and preparation of realistic and final overall cost
- Provide labour estimates for the Engineering, CAD and Manufacturing departments.
- Prepare the detailed costing in co-ordination with SCM, Production and Quality
- Follow up quotations in conjunction with the Sales department.
- Co-ordinate with Line Manager for the preparations of Tender P&ID and GA drawings and attend bid clarification meetings, both domestically and internationally, as required.
- Arrange and carry out sales calls, both domestically and internationally, as and when required
- (workload permitting).
- Support sales team at presentations and pre-bid meetings when required.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management.
- This position may, on occasions, involve worldwide travel to attend Customer meetings/presentations.
- Review of Invitation to Tender (ITT) documents, understanding, analysing and accurately assessing all ITT requirements.
- Involvement in the development of the proposals strategy for the tender.
- Co-ordination, preparation and compilation of complete, compliant and professional proposal documentation, both technical and commercial, for submission to clients in line with client bid documents and tender deadlines.
- Management of the estimating process. Oversee and direct Estimators and Proposals Team in UAE involved in the preparation of base cost estimates, to ensure accuracy, professionalism and timely completion.
- Reviewing first principle base cost estimates and supporting technical documentation, prior to review by Management, including the managing of any further estimate amendments if necessary.
- Liaison with internal departments to ensure that all relevant input received is compliant with ITT requirements.
- Preparation and issue to client of appropriate and concise commercial and technical requests for clarification to client during the tender period.
- Liaison with the Procurement Group, material suppliers, equipment vendors and sub-contractors to ensure accurate and timely receipt of quotations.
- Attendance of, and presiding when required, internal tender review meetings.
- Attendance at client tender clarification meetings / negotiations, including the management and organisation of all required client endorsed changes to previously submitted tenders.
- Maintaining communication with client and support in obtaining client feedback on tenders submitted.
- Assisting in the preparation and compilation of contract documents, prior to signature, ensuring that all contract documentation is in line with all previously agreed tender negotiations.
- Receiving and understanding post-contract feedback, obtained from executed projects, for use in future bid efforts.
- Documenting and filing, in an organised manner, of all relevant tender correspondence and data.
- Hand-over of all relevant tender documentation to Projects and Contracts teams after award of contract and attendance of Project Start-Up meetings when required.
- Utilisation of available resources to respond fully to client Expression of Interest and Pre-Qualification requirements.
- Assistance and support in preparing reports of progress and improvement, day-to-day operations, performance improvement and training as required.
- Adhering to all compliance and auditing requirements for the conduct of ethical and transparent operations including the compliance to all Proserv policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Complying with Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and compliance with all audits and inspections.
Maintain Key Relationships:
- Proposals Manager
- Senior Proposals Engineer
- Team members
- Internal departments
- Suppliers and subcontractorsKey Performance Indicators
- Revenue and NOC per month/quarter/annum – accurate forecasting and delivery.
- Cost management
- Training & development matrix
- Working Capital management
- On time delivery – internal and external
- Customer Internal and external quality metrics
- HSE metrics
Proserv have a Business Ethics Policy (‘the policy’) which provides guidance to all employees in their day to day roles as well as helping you and the business comply with the law at all times. The incumbent must read, understand and comply with, at all times, the policy along with all other corresponding policies, procedures and directives.
Please refer to the Proserv Intranet to access a full copy of the policy and corresponding policies, procedures and directives. Should you have any difficulty accessing the Intranet then please make your line manager aware, as soon as possible, and they will assist you with access.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
Bachelor in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from reputed University with commanding academic record OR Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5Years in case of Bachelor's degree holder and 8 years in case of Diploma holder; in Oil & Gas sector dealing with detailed engineering of Instrumentation activities, TBEs, commercial evaluations, project management from small to medium scale projects.
- Proficiency in preparation / interpretation of P&ID drawings of semi complex pneumatic / hydraulic control systems / Mechanical packaging units
- Experience in preparation / review of engineering datasheets of pumps / Instrumentation / Hydraulic / Pneumatic / electrical / PLC components for procurement / approval to client,
- Sound knowledge of the structural items and their costing
- Sound knowledge of API 675, ASME Sec VIII Div 1, Roark's & Young, Process Piping ASME B31.3, Valves, Structural items, Instrument tubing and component selection.
- Sound knowledge of manual and automated Flow control valves for chemical metering applications
- Aware of international standards such as Shell DEP, ASME and BS standard
- Sound knowledge of various welding techniques
- Basic awareness of fluid Mechanics / Fluid Engineering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Proven track record within a Control Systems / mechanical packaging equipment environment.
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiating skills
- Design & Engineering of Chemical Injection Systems / Well head control panels
- Proven track record of the bidding process
- Proserv Product Line experience.
- Lean/AX experience
- Corporate report writing skills.
- Network of contacts within the Oil and Gas Industry
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to make presentations regards Proserv to large or small groups - specifically with clients.
- Ability to interface with professionals of all levels.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.
Should you have any queries regarding the role or have any issues with regard to your application then please contact the Resourcing Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s should not be sent to this address as they will not be reviewed.